The Burlington Community Action Partnership, Inc. exists to combat the causes and reduce the effects of poverty in Burlington County. It fulfills the purpose by:
- Facilitating a community-based capacity for the human needs planning process, which focuses program strategies on promoting self-sufficiency among low-income people.
- Removing barriers to self-sufficiency among low-income people in the organization and operation of institutions and programs.
- Maximizing participation of low-income people in the development and implementation of programs and projects and in the decision-making process of institutions affecting their lives.
- Testing new approaches to solving basic causes of poverty provided that they do not involve BCAP as a long-term, direct service provider.
- Supporting self-help groups and other cooperative efforts among low-income people.
- Working to better organize services related to the needs of the poor.
- Broadening resource base of programs directed to the elimination of poverty.
- Providing safe, decent, affordable housing to low- and moderate-income families.
- Providing housing counseling services.